Kids Club (School Age Care)
Oak Mesa Kids Club is a before- and after-school program. We operate with a ratio of 15 children to one adult. There are typically around 100 children in our program and 7 staff members.
Open on teacher in-service days and compact or minimum school days.
Closed on all legal holidays.
Supervisor: Nicole Carone
For a printed copy of the information on this page, please click here.
StructureTop of Page
At Kids Club, we strive to provide a fun, engaging, and nurturing environment. The development of self-esteem, friendships, teamwork, responsibility, respect, and a sense of belonging is actively encouraged. We empower children with the freedom to make choices within a framework of structure and boundaries. We offer various enrichment clubs that meet weekly. Some of the clubs we have had include:
- creative writing
- sign language
Our other events include:
- Fabulous tea parties usually once a month
- Annual Talent Show and Olympics event
- Computer time and school projects in our wonderful Discovery Center
- Homework assistance, with frequent communicate with teachers to ensure a successful school experience
SafetyTop of Page
The safety of our students is our top priority and we have strict policies for pick-up:
- Everyone who signs out your child (including you) must show photo identification (license) until we recognize you and know that you belong with your child.
- We can only release your child to those people listed on your emergency card or who have written permission signed by a parent or guardian.
- You must let us know anytime your child will not be coming to Kids Club, but did attend school. Keep us posted as to a variable schedule (child attends Tuesdays and Thursdays only) or extracurricular activities, either on or off campus, so that we know when to expect your child. You can call at (909) 971-8369, email, or stop by in person.
Rules & Discipline Policy Top of Page
3 Simple Rules
- Listen and follow directions
- Don’t hurt anyone on the inside or outside
- Be respectful and responsible
- Verbal warning
- Written warning
- One-day suspension
- Three-day suspension
- Suspension from the program
Registration & PaymentsTop of Page
To register your child, please visit the School Age Care office, which is a portable building located at the District office. Talk to Sue Gribbon at (909) 971-8330 x5362 regarding any payment or registration questions.
Payments must be mailed or hand-delivered to the District Office. We are NOT allowed to accept payments at Oak Mesa.
For more information, please visit the District School Age Care page.